Episode 36 Seductive Conductor Size
00:00 Theme music
00:54 Intro: Resonant Frequency is now on Facebook:
Lots of traffic on Twitter, too.
- Mike, KF7AME, appreciates comments on previous shows about how difficult it may be for new hams to afford new equipment. We’ve all been there, and wire antennas are cheap and effective.
- Barry, K4RUE, also a recently licensed ham, enjoys the show and the music.
- George, N0JRJ, likes the podcast and listens on his commute. He also liked the live show, and appreciates Richard’s attitude toward new hams.
- Kirk, KG6HPF, says Resonant Frequency helped inspire him to pass his General exam.
- Lance, K7LDS, suggests that the show notes be updated to include website URLs and other information. He also suggests that interaction with the chat room during the live show be made more descriptive for folks listening to the recorded version. Lance suggests doing a future show on mobile radio installation hints. Good idea! Send in your mobile installation hints via email or the forum.
16:05 Check out Linux Cranks (http://linuxcranks.info) as Richard has been a guest on
that podcast, too.
17:30 Live Show: We’re still trying to schedule another live show. It will likely happen the night after
we record Linux in the Ham Shack. Look for it at ustream.tv: “Now Defunct“
Also keep an eye on other sites such as http://blacksparrowmedia.com, and look for KB5KBV
on Identi.ca (defunct) and Twitter for announcements of future live shows.
19:30 Promo: Ohio Linux Fest promotional announcement. See http://www.ohiolinux.org for more details.
Russ, K5TUX, of Linux in the Ham Shack will be there. Will you?
19:54 Song: “Mississippi Moon” by Too Slim and the Taildraggers, from their album “Time to Live”.
25:21 Topic: Conductor diameter versus frequency.
Richard once suggested to Bob, KC5JTF, that he could assemble an antenna similar to the
Arrow dual-band VHF/UHF antenna from rifle cleaning rods. This prompted a discussion about
how “broad banded” such an antenna might be, and how conductor size affects the usable
frequency range of an antenna.
45:18 Song: “You Gonna Wreck My Life”, by Too Slim and the Taildraggers, also from their album
“Time to Live”.
52:40 Conclusion: Contact info.
Visit IODA Promonet ) for more great music.
Visit our Youtube channel for videos on Amateur Radio www.youtube.com/c/RichardBaileyKB5JBV
Read More About Resonant Frequency: The Amateur Radio Podcast At www.rfpodcast.info
Check out our Glossary of Amateur / Ham Radio Terms used on the shows HERE
Contact Info For Richard KB5JBV: Website: www.rfpodcast.info Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/RichardBaileyKB5JBV FaceBook: www.facebook.com/groups/resonantfrequency/ Twitter: www.twitter.com/kb5jbv MeWE: mewe.com/i/richardbailey31 Tumblr https://www.tumblr.com/settings/blog/resonant-frequency-podcast Discord: https://discord.com/channels/758866379104845856/758866379104845860 Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/Richard_KB5JBV